Likelihood of triggering
Triggering is possible, even from low additional loads, particularly on the indicated steep slopes (steeper than about 30 degrees). In certain situations some large, and in isolated cases very large natural avalanches are possible.
Schröcken parish church.
Catholic parish church Maria Himmelfahrt.
The Roman Catholic parish church in Schröcken is located in Bregenzerwald, in the district of Bregenz in Vorarlberg. It is dedicated to the Feast of the Assumption and is part of Hinterwald church district in the diocese of Feldkirch. The building is listed.
The church was originally a subsidiary church of Lech parish. It was initially consecrated in 1639. It was made ‘Kaplaneikirche’ in 1640 and parish church in 1661. The original church was extended between 1726 and 1732 and restored in 1773. The church tower dates from 1785, with the spire positioned in 1786. After a fire in 1863 the church was rebuilt between 1864 and 1867 and consecrated in 1867.
The church has a Neo-Romanesque nave and a slightly drawn-in chancel. Both are beneath a pitched roof. The porch has a triangular gable. In the north a steeple is linked to a spire. The nave and the chancel are not highly decorated. The steeple has an octagonal upper story with circular arch sound openings. Between the upper storey and the pointed spire there is a gable wreath.
The atrium is muted. A staircase leads from here to the gallery. The nave walls are broken up on both sides by three arched windows. Via the nave there is a barrel vault with short lunette caps. Beneath this is a heavy circumferential cornice. The high triumphal arch is drawn in. The chancel is aligned and ends in 3/8. Via the chancel there is a barrel vault with short lunette caps, as in the nave.
To the west of the nave is a straight double gallery, which rest on two bulbous columns. The stained glass paintings on the windows are by Glasmalerei Schnitzler in Dornbirn. In the chancel St Agnes is to the left, while to the right is St Aloisius.