Warth Schroecken
Kapelle Lechleiten

Churches and chapels.

In Warth-Schröcken.

The two churches in Warth and Schröcken are always worth a visit to reflect on life. Not just to look at the beautiful altars, the colourful church windows and the holy figures, but also to enjoy the peace and tranquillity and to contemplate. In and around Warth-Schröcken there are also some other little churches in idyllic locations which recount their own genesis and meaningful stories. Most of the chapels can be accessed on short, easy hikes.

  • Schröcken chapel

  • Gehren chapel

  • Warth church

  • Lechleiten chapel

Chapels.

Chapel Schröcken-Unterboden 'Maria Verkündigung'

Chapel Schröcken-Unterboden 'Maria Verkündigung'

Chapel Schröcken-Unterboden 'Maria Verkündigung'

Warth

Save now

The Chapel of Mary Annunciation used to allow silent devotion to the Walser who were firmly anchored in the faith in the subsoil during weather-related impassions. Around approx. 1600 the remains of the wall that were exposed during the last renovation were dated, making it the oldest sacral building in the community. In the years 1774 to 1778 the pastor Jodok Grenßing ordered the demolition and rebuilding of the chapel. The preservation of the venerable Chapel of Mary Annunciation, as well as the subsequent renovation from 1963 to 1968, is due to private initiative, donations and voluntary helpers. Since this renovation, the small church has again two bells. The previous ones had to be handed over to the court martial at the beginning of the Second World War.

Open todayDetails

Simmel chapel 'St. Jakobus'

Simmel chapel 'St. Jakobus'

Simmel chapel 'St. Jakobus'

Warth

Save now

Already since 1550 a chapel with a magnificent view over the pass stood enthroned and made the place a special pilgrimage destination. In 1678 the little church was consecrated to St. James, the patron saint of load carriers, pilgrims and pilgrims. Solemn services on the feast days of James, Laurentius and Bartholomew were then scheduled every year. With the separation of the mother parish of Tannberg am Lech in 1687, Hochkrumbach became its own community. The narrow kiche received a tower in 1700, the sacristy in 1730 and an altar in 1740. For the protection of the priest, a connecting passage was built from the eastern Widum to the church. Due to the large exodus from Hochkrumbach, the parish had to be abandoned in 1856.

Open todayDetails

Chapel Lechleiten 'Hl. Wendelin'

Chapel Lechleiten 'Hl. Wendelin'

Chapel Lechleiten 'Hl. Wendelin'

Warth

Save now

Although Lechleiten belonged to the parish of Holzgau, but this affiliation brought with it a wide church walk, they participated in the maintenance of the Warther parish, as well as in the construction and maintenance of the church, which was finally rewarded with the incorporation of the church in 1626. The chapel "St. Wendelin" in Lechleiten was built in the 18th century, because the Warther neighboring settlements Gehren and Lechleiten were considered very wealthy at that time.

Open todayDetails

Chapel Gehren 'Hl. Nikolaus'

Chapel Gehren 'Hl. Nikolaus'

Chapel Gehren 'Hl. Nikolaus'

Warth

Save now

Although Gehren belonged to the parish of Holzgau, but this affiliation brought with it a wide church walk, they participated in the maintenance of the Warther parish, as well as in the construction and maintenance of the church, which was finally rewarded with the incorporation of the church in 1626. The chapel "St. Nikolaus" in Gehren was then built in the 19th century, because the Warther neighboring settlements Gehren and Lechleiten were considered very wealthy at that time.

Open todayDetails

Chapel Bürstegg 'St. Martin'

Chapel Bürstegg 'St. Martin'

Chapel Bürstegg 'St. Martin'

Warth

Save now

The small Walsersieldung greets you from afar, but it seems as if you have left a whole century behind on the hike to Bürstegg. Rarely is it possible to trace past times so suddenly. Today there are still two Walserhöfe, as well as the simple church at 1716 meters above sea level. Since the Bürsteggers were denied Holy Mass, they built a beautiful chapel themselves as early as 1695. In 1726, a priest finally settled in Büstegg. A great photo motif is the village Bürstegg with the small chapel in front of the mighty Beaver Head (2. 599 m).

Open todayDetails

Likelihood of triggering
Triggering is likely, even from low additional loads, on many steep slopes (steeper than 30 degrees). In some cases, numerous large and often very large natural avalanches can be expected.

Show details

Please note the current traffic situation

  • L200 Bregenzerwald
  • B198 Reutte
  • L198 Lech
Show details