Likelihood of triggering
Triggering is likely, even from low additional loads, on many steep slopes (steeper than 30 degrees). In some cases, numerous large and often very large natural avalanches can be expected.
Schröcken toboggan run.
On the natural toboggan run in Schröcken all toboggan fans are very well catered for!
Tobogganing in Warth-Schröcken, that means pure fun! In Warth-Schröcken there are floodlit and prepared toboggan runs available to ambitious tobogganists and families who can then enjoy fun tobogganing sessions several times a week.
Weekly tobogganing nights
The toboggan run in Schröcken was opened in winter 2016/17 and is a must for all toboggan fans! A fun tobogganing session is available for you over amazing 2 kilometres long, on a floodlit route.
the run starts in Nesslegg and proceeds via the ‘alte Straße’ for 2 kilometres down to Heimboden (church). From there you can hop on to the free ‘Rodelbus’, that takes tobogganists in comfort up to the start. Fantastic fun for tobogganing fans of all ages is assured here!
- Operates every Wednesday during the winter season from 5:15 p.m. to 7.00 p.m. (Outside these times the toboggan run cannot be used, since this is designated skiing time)
- During this time there is a free ski bus that takes you back to the start of the toboggan run
- The toboggan run operates from Nesslegg via the old road to Schröcken-Heimboden
- Toboggan hire: at the 6-seater-Bar in Schröcken-Heimboden and at the start
- Food provided
- EUR 3.00 for 1 x tobogganing session + bus ride, not including toboggan hire
- EUR 4.00 for 1 x tobogganing session + bus ride, including toboggan hire
- Bus times - Run at the 6-seater Bar: 17:15 | 17:30 | 17:45 | 18:00 | 18:15 | 18:30 | 18:45 | 19:00
- Last bus to Unterboden: see notice boards at the destination | Last bus to Nesslegg: 19:00