Already since 1550 a chapel with a magnificent view over the pass stood enthroned and made the place a special pilgrimage destination. In 1678 the little church was consecrated to St. James, the patron saint of load carriers, pilgrims and pilgrims. Solemn services on the feast days of James, Laurentius and Bartholomew were then scheduled every year. With the separation of the mother parish of Tannberg am Lech in 1687, Hochkrumbach became its own community. The narrow kiche received a tower in 1700, the sacristy in 1730 and an altar in 1740. For the protection of the priest, a connecting passage was built from the eastern Widum to the church. Due to the large exodus from Hochkrumbach, the parish had to be abandoned in 1856.
Simmel chapel 'St. Jakobus'
opening hours01.01.2023 - 01.01.2024MO07:00 AM - 08:00 PMTU07:00 AM - 08:00 PMWE07:00 AM - 08:00 PMTh07:00 AM - 08:00 PMFR07:00 AM - 08:00 PMSA07:00 AM - 08:00 PMSU07:00 AM - 08:00 PMAll opening times
Location & Arrival.
GPS 47.2686693956446 / 10.1360850305653
Simmel chapel 'St. Jakobus'Warth6767 WarthCalculate route
(0043) 5583 35150(0043) 5519 email@example.com://www.warth-schroecken.at
01.01.2023 - 01.01.2024
MO07:00 AM - 08:00 PMTU07:00 AM - 08:00 PMWE07:00 AM - 08:00 PMTh07:00 AM - 08:00 PMFR07:00 AM - 08:00 PMSA07:00 AM - 08:00 PMSU07:00 AM - 08:00 PM