Likelihood of triggering
Triggering is possible, even from low additional loads, particularly on the indicated steep slopes (steeper than about 30 degrees). In certain situations some large, and in isolated cases very large natural avalanches are possible.
Geocaching Tour Schröcken.
"Walserdorf & natural gems".
In the tracks of the Walser.
In the 14th century the Tannberg area was settled by the Walsers from the canton of Valais. The geocaching tour proceeds across sections of the themed trail "‘In the tracks of the Walser on the Tannberg’"which recounts the life and work of the Walsers 500 years ago
All the information about the Tannbergweg is available here.
The culture tour.
The geocaching tour "Walserdorf & natural gems" on the theme of "culture" takes geocachers across the Tannberg. The Walsers can be tracked down here at ten stations. Proceed initially from the townland of Nesslegg, enjoying views to the Walser village of Schröcken to Natural gem Körbersee and then via Alpe Noboda to Alpine museum uf'm Tannberg. Via the Fellbach and Alpe Felle down to Schröcken. On of the many highlights of this tour is definitely the earth cache "Glacial mill".
Details & Facts.
- Route length: ca. 6.5 km
- Ascent: 239 m
- Descent: 461 m
- Duration: ca. 2 hours
- Lowest point: 1249 m
- Highest point: 1671 m
Download your stamp pass for the tour here.
Safety information for geocaching.
- Looking for geocaches set by the geocache owner "TANNBERG" are done at your own risk.
- Please note the cache description, along the assessment of difficulty and terrain.
- Before heading out on any search, geocachers must be in a position to assess the situation on site and their own ability levels.
- No geocache is worth endangering your own health!
- Warth-Schröcken Tourismus and the Tannberg region assume no liability for accidents of any kind which may occur on the suggested routes!