Likelihood of triggering
Triggering is possible, even from low additional loads, particularly on the indicated steep slopes (steeper than about 30 degrees). In certain situations some large, and in isolated cases very large natural avalanches are possible.
Book with Peace of Mind.
Flexibility in holiday planning is the order of the day in times like these. On this page you will find all the important information about the general cancellation guidelines and the applicable legal regulations. This means that you can book with a clear conscience this winter too., in addition to the current cancellation terms found in the General Terms and Conditions for the Hotel Industry, which allow you to book with peace of mind.
However, we recommend that you also take out travel insuranceparallel to booking your winter holiday. By taking this out, you are insured for a possible Covid-19 infection as well as for other unexpected serious illnesses. The free Covid-19 cancellation insurance by the State of Vorarlberg or the Europäische Reiseversicherung offer a comprehensive cancellation cover.
This page provides an overview of our cancellation terms, the State of Vorlarlberg's free Covid-19 cancellation insurance and the Europäische Reiseversicherung.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday in Warth-Schröcken. Book with peace of mind!
In the General Terms & Conditions for the Hotel Industry, the following cancellation terms are defined*.
- 3 months to 1 month before the day of arrival: 40% of the total price of the booking
- 1 months to 1 week before the day of arrival: 70% of the total price of the booking
- 7 days before the day of arrival: 90% of the total price of the booking
*These conditions are valid if the selected accommodation has not defined its own cancellation regulations.
For these please contact your accommodation provider directly.
- In the event of border closures in Austria or the guest's country of origin, no cancellation fees will be charged, as you will then be unable to travel as a guest or will have to leave early.
- Should a hotel or the village be put under quarantine, meaning that an arrival is no longer possible, no cancellation fees will be charged.
Free Covid-19 cancellation insurance.
Book safely with free cancellation insurance.
Money-back-guarantee in the event of a Covid-19 infection or quarantines
If you already have cancellation insurance (e.g. by credit card), please note that these do NOT cover the status of a pandemic in most cases.
For this reason, the State of Vorarlberg has launched the free Covid-19 cancellation insurance WINTERKODEX VORARLBERG:
What that means for you.
Your holiday is insured both in the event of illness and also when quarantines are imposed by the authorities, for you and any relatives living in the same household.
Free Covid-19 Cancellation Insurance.
- Should a guest or a family member living in the same household test positive for Covid-19, the insurance will cover the cancellation costs of overnight stays in the tourist accommodation. The same applies, if a quarantine is imposed by the authorities. Guaranteed.
- In order for the guest to be eligible for this Covid-19 cancellation insurance for Vorarlberg, the cancellation invoice of the establishment, along with a positive Covid-19 test result or an official quarantine notice must be sent directly to email@example.com
The Covid-19 Cancellation Insurance Winterkodex Vorarlberg at a glance.
- Free Covid-19 Cancellation Insurance for all guests’ bookings during the 2020/21 Winter Season in all accommodation facilities in Vorarlberg, that pay the local tax.
- Valid for all bookings - as well as those that have already been made.
- There is no action required on the side of the guest or accommodation, for the insurance cover to be valid.
- Proof: official cancellation invoice of the accommodation and positive Covid-19 test or a quarantine notice.
- Insured sum: up to 3,000 Euros per guest for overnight stay and catering costs (E.g. Four-person family: up to 4 x 3,000 Euros = 12,000 Euros)
- Guaranteed reimbursement in the event of a Covid-19 infection or quarantine regardless of the course of the pandemic.
- More information at: Winterkodex Vorarlberg Cancellation Insurance.
More information at:
Best protection with the Europäische Reiseversicherung.- Cancellation & Accident Insurance. We recommend that you take out this travel insurance.
Is Covid-19 an insured cancellation reason?
Yes, the Europäische Reiseversicherung covers all cancellation reasons linked to Covid-19.
Read here, which reasons those are and how you can easily take out the insurance.
More information at: